Author: Jessie
•Friday, October 09, 2009
Romans 8:38-39 -- "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord".

BE STILL, MY SOUL, THE LORD IS ON THY SIDE...

I love this hymn and as I was reading the words tonight, I was greatly comforted in the Lord as we wait, and wait, and wait.

Be still, my soul, the Lord is on thy side;
Bear patiently, the cross of grief or pain;
Leave to thy God, to order and provide;
In every change, He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul, thy best, thy heavenly Friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Chris has been largely unresponsive today, and mostly sleeping. He was awake just a little this morning, again mouthing words we tried but could not make out, so faint was his voice. He did seem generally at peace, and still free from physical pain. How we thank the Lord he is, and is also free from any mental anguish that we can observe. God's kindness to him and to us is so great in this.

I do long for him to be able to jump up and run to His Savior, Jesus though, and so, though I am glad to have him with us a little longer, have been impatient for his COMPLETE healing. Any healing he might miraculously experience on this earth could never come close to what he will experience when the Lord calls him Home!

The Lord gave Chris a special blessing several months ago when he had an opportunity to meet by email one of his greatest heroes of the faith, Joni Eareckson Tada. They have periodically written to each other and have prayed for the other's joy and contined trust in the Lord while living in bodies that wait for the resurrection.

One of the last things Joni and Chris said to each other was that they were looking forward to clogging in Heaven. What a day that will be to see the two of them, wrapped in a boundless joy, dancing before their King together!

As Chris' breathing gets shallower and shallower, I know his soul is expanding more and more, so that he might be able to experience more fully the delight of seeing His Savior Jesus face to face. This afternoon, as I sat reading the Psalms to him and praying for him, he woke up slightly and for the first time that I could make out his words, slowly said, "I love you." And then followed with these words, "I'm ready to die," to which I responded, "Honey, I love you!" and only wished I had added, "No, you're not ready to die; you're ready to REALLY live!"

Lord, we trust in You and Your perfect timing...

Be still my soul, thy God doth undertake
To guide the future as He has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence, let NOTHING shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul, the waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while He dwelt below.

Be still my soul, the hour is hastening on
When we shall be forever with the Lord,
When disappointments, grief, and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, LOVE'S PUREST JOYS RESTORED.
Be still, my soul, when change and tears are past,
All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.

With love and gratitude for your prayers for my beloved's soon Homecoming,
Tracy, for Chris and the whole Klickaclan

This entry was posted on Friday, October 09, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.